The community favourite Intel Event in a Box scheme is back for the 2023/24 academic year! Want to host a LAN at your university but don't have any PC's or peripherals? No worries, we got you covered!
Thanks to Intel, NSE are able to provide kits of PCs and peripherals for gaming and esports societies. Best of all is that the kits are completely free to use!
Each kit contains:
- 10 Serpent Canyon Intel NUCS
- 10 Monitors
- 10 Sets of peripherals (keyboards, mice, and headsets)
- All the cables needed
- 2 NSE promotional banners
In addition to the Intel Event in a Box kit, each event will be supported by Monster Energy providing free cans for participants.
This academic year there will be a focus on bigger regional events trying to encourage students to work together to run events like multi-university varsities and regional esports festivals. NSE will be able to support 5 events each term totalling 10 across the year so the scheme will now be moving to an application-based system where societies can apply to use the kits.
If your society is interested in running an event using Intel Event in a Box and has detailed information about the event you would like to run and when:
>> Please fill in the form here to submit an application <<
Things to think about for your event:
- Where will you hold your event?
- When will you hold your event?
- Is there enough time to promote it and get people to take part?
- Do the dates clash with other events or exam periods?
- What are the internet capabilities of the room you will be using?
- Do you have enough power? Would you need to buy or borrow extra power cables?
- If it’s a university room, will you be able to play games on the university internet available?
- Where will you source tables and chairs?
- Are you providing food or drinks for attendees?
- Are you inviting other societies from other universities to take part?
- The Event in a Box kit can take up a decent amount of space, is there a good place to store the kit?
If you have any questions about the scheme, please feel free to contact 'jordyunknown' or 'beedub.' on Discord.
FOLLOW INTEL UK
Twitter | Instagram
Twitter | Instagram