Calling all aspiring game developers! We're super excited to announce the second Games Innovation Challenge sponsored by Barclays, a games development competition for university and college students across the UK to test their skills and creativity.
Teams can be formed of students from different universities and colleges and also contain non-students. We also have a Games Innovation Challenge Discord channel to help you find teammates, which you can join here.
A full set of rules can be found on the Games Innovation Challenge submissions page or in the participant pack.
We want to see the most innovative games you can come up with, but we’ll be judging them on the following categories which are awarded prizes.
- Gameplay: We’re looking for the most original concept, excellent storytelling and enjoyable gameplay
- Design: Design elements will be judged from sound, art style, graphics and technical quality
- Social Impact: With purpose at the game’s heart, we’re looking at games that tackle difficult issues, for example, promoting environmental sustainability or looking at how to make the game more accessible
- Epic Unreal Choice: Games designed using the Unreal engine
- Unity Choice: Games designed using the Unity games engine
- First Place - £2,500
- Gameplay Award - £500
- Design Award - £500
- Social Impact Award - £500
- Epic Unreal Choice - £500
- Unity Choice - £500
- Submissions open: 31/01/2022
- Submissions close: 24/03/2022
- Judging: 01/04/2022
- Winner announced: 06/04/2022